October 16, 2018

For Now, Both

One of the most difficult balances in my studio these days is whether to make work with porcelain inlay or my standard ware. The inlay takes a lot of a very specific focus and its evolution is very slow and time is a real consideration. The painted tableware is familiar and I fill up the table with thrown wares. It's actually a perfect counter to the slow pace and intense focus of the inlay. If I were to just make one or just the other I may not feel fulfilled, so I do both to feel balance.

This past weekend, though, I felt that I was doing the body of work a disservice by showing them together as in this picture. So next time I make try to display them in a different way. I know it's hard to see my arrangement from this narrow view of my overall display, but what do you think? ANY advice will be taken into consideration! 😊😚

Thanks for your input!