November 26, 2009

Birdland


Knowing the tight deadline I'm on and knowing how much effort and mental capacity it takes, I willed myself into bird territory last night and tried some new stuff, including clouds! I'm glad I did. Let me know what you think. Suggestions are most welcome!



i had the thought that I should show the birds in their most
enviable state: flight. I sketched these out with wax




beginning of a pattern including pencil "map"
and first couple of elements

the other elements of the overall pattern

Here are some things I jotted down last night in no particular order of importance,
  • it's hard to judge the pots at this stage, better just to forge ahead without too much thinking.
  • see the mark before it is painted
  • I'm just getting warmed up
  • often the marks are a lot like the pots. repetition brings [can't read my scribbles] out the best marks when an unselfconscious place is arrived at [?]
  • some marks are real duds!
More later, I hope. I have to mix my alkakline ash glaze and some RJB today, so that it will be ready for Friday's dipathon.

Thanks for coming along for the ride!