November 7, 2009

XXXIII


i need a stamp, too many roman numerals!

It's getting old, this non-stop beautiful weather. But I should't complain! So far, November has been very nice. No doubt when I do need some serious drying weather it will begin to rain.


how do you eat an elephant?
one bite at a time...

One of the many fronts I'm battling this Fall is catching up on our firewood. I bought two truck loads of logs last summer (when I should have cut them) and we have slowly been cutting and splitting. I decided that if the weather was good I would cut or split wood while I listened to the hour- long podcast of NPR's Fresh Air. It's a good increment of swinging the axe.


Somehow Lillian swiped this little hollow rimmed at the Spruce Pine show last month. I guess it's OK that they want my pots. I get to see them in action. It looked real nice with the tomato soup that the girls brewed up for brunch. But I'll have to go through our rapidly filling cupboards pile high with Klineware for the annual Holiday studio tour in December.

It's time to head back up to the studio for some after supper pottery making. Hope all had a great day, where ye are.