April 10, 2011

Getting Into It

I guess the least I can do before I head up the hill on this Sunday morning is to show what go made yesterday between visits from friends passing by, a giant downpour of water from the sky, a great pottery art opening at the CLG, and bedtime.

Late last night, as I made a few more pots I listened to PJ Harvey's Let England Shake, over and over. It's a fascinating mix of sounds and stories. I guess that's an endorsement. Sometimes listening to an "album" over and over puts me in just the right "trance" to get into the work later at night. Tom Spleth once told me that he rarely listened to music while he worked. But occasionally listened to a few songs in repeat mode. Amy Tavern calls this kind of listening a "monster". One of Tom's monsters was Superman's Song, by the Crash Test Dummies, and The Wallflower's One Headlight? (I think) I guess we all have our ways of getting into it.