April 28, 2011

Kicking Ass

I talked with a friend the other day and we agreed that when the going gets tough the blogging stops. Ironically this is when things get interesting, but no time to clean one's hands and write about it. That's where I am now, under some serious deadlines.

I might have mentioned it before and will probably again at some critical crunch time in the future, but the truth is that Google ads and sponsorships don't pay the bills, but they help. The pots have to get made and fired. Breakthroughs and innovations, problem solving and intense focus don't allow time to blog. (maybe a tweet or two are all you get)

All this got me to thinking about all the potters who don't write about their adventures. They're the same potters who continue to kick ass and innovate. It's not that they don't know how to upload pictures they might stop to take as they document their process, or that they can't articulate their motivations and thoughts and record them in an online journal. It's that they're too busy kicking ass.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you know what I mean by "kicking ass". I can't think of a more "subtle" way of putting it. I don't mean to implicate that potter/bloggers aren't kicking ass. They certainly do, but it's not easy to do both, to live in balance. It takes an exceptional effort, even with today's easy tools to spread the word through the web.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm in the shed cranking it up and kicking ass but just don't have the time (or the interns) to report on all of the exciting stuff that's happening. It's always ironic, but also regretful. In my opinion, that's what this blog is all about, sharing the excitement.

Argh,

maybe after the dust is settled...but, until then, get out there and kick some ass!