June 8, 2010

Slack Blogger Returns

myself, Elsie and Val Cushing
Bulldog Pottery
Seagrove, NC

Out of desperation to keep the blog alive, I wanted to send out a big hello and brief update from this slacker-potter-blogger! I just got back from Seagrove where I sold some pots with my clay cousins, Samantha Henneke, Bruce Gholson, and Val Cushing. What a great honor it was to spend the weekend with Val and his wonderful wife Elsie! Their friends came from far and wide to say hello and spend a little time together while they were down from Alfred, NY.

I guess I feel like a slacker because I didn't take many pictures at all, and didn't do any blogging. But I did have a rich and thoroughly enjoyable time. And I swung by the NC Pottery Center on the way out of town and looked at the Buncombe Co. Pottery Show. There are some amazing pieces assembled both historical and contemporary. I'm in the midst of editing the shots I took there and will try to post them soon.

Meanwhile, I'm getting the showroom ready for the Toe River Studio Tour coming up this weekend! I'll let you in on some of the preparations and some of the pots I'll have for you in the coming days. There's also a little surprise I found on my return that I'll show you all tomorrow.
Thanks for reading and stay in touch.