June 29, 2010

Ramping Up the Creativity Curve

More plates from today and some sketches in ink from a couple of days ago. It's a slow start but that how is usually is at a beginning of a cycle. I'll have help in the coming weeks and hopefully July will be a big month!

I'll be working on the 2D work for the October solo show at American Folk Art in Asheville, NC in the coming weeks as well. I have a lot of ideas but doesn't anybody? The difficult part is, always, producing good work. My plan is to make time every day and space in my studio to explore some of these ideas and work through the "creativity" curve to get to the other side of those ideas. Just as the pottery comes out of the kiln in a far more interesting way than I had "imagined", my drawings will, hopefully, take a similar journey.
More to come.