March 26, 2009

The Lineup


Here is a roundup of all the ways of staying "in the know":

Twitter: I've been experimenting with this as a way to share some links, and to share some of the mundane yet interesting things I am doing.

Facebook
: I have a "fan" page on facebook as well as a personal page. It's been great to "meet" folks from all over the world and have some interesting conversations. It's a great way to stay in touch.

Youtube: I have posted a few videos and hope to do more. You can see all of them here.

Flickr: I haven't done much with this web site but it has some potential. See some pots among other stuff here.

Lastfm: This is an interesting twist to online listening. Although I don't stream music online with my dial up connection, the music I listen to while I'm working on the eMc or blogging is logged into my lastfm profile and also updated on Facebook. You can see what I've been listening to here.

If that's not enough I'm also on Plaxo and LinkedIn. Plaxo keeps my address book and mail list backed up on the web just in case my computer croaks. [Knock on wood] The six year old e Mac is still running strong. With current web media sophistication it seems to go a bit slow, not to mention the dial up (it's true) Just think what I could do with high speed? Well maybe I'm better off with my 'treadle Mac'

I'm sure there's more but who has the time when you're surfing on dial-up.

;-)

P.S. There's always
michaeljkline[at]gmail[dot]com

Stay in touch.