April 21, 2008

Finally

After pugging clay all afternoon, well, most of the afternoon, I wedged a pile of it, and threw my 8lb jug, or in some odd circles, pitcher. Then I rushed off to take care of my daughter Lillian and do some things around the yard. After the kids were in bed, finally, my wife and I sat down to watch Antiques Road Show, still our favorite show, and both fell asleep on our magic couch...zzzzzzzz


After waking up I had to go over to the studio to finish my eight pounder still spinning slowly on the old Shimpo. After a couple of yanks it was done. I guess it wasn't the most productive day at the wheel, but at least I'm started and have the clay pugged. Some of the pots I want to make this session are jugs, pitchers, bottles, and platters. I haven't made a lot of these lately. Also I'm making some more pachyderm teapots; after the last round I want to try some new things. I have a show with my bud Jenny Mendes in Iowa City in July and want to make some special things for that show. Yeah, yeah, Talk talk talk. Check back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment