March 30, 2009

Heavy Lifting/Yankee Ingenuity/Simple Machines


After a week of clouds and endless rain, I decided to spend the afternoon outside cutting wood for the next firing and figuring out a way to move that 8' beast of a mixer out into it final working position. As you can see it wasn't too hard to get the wheels onto the plywood runner with my old Suburu jack. (I knew it would be handy someday!) But getting it across the threshold required the help of my neighbor Tom Dancer who was salvaging wood from the barn across the street.

Here's Tom wiggling the mixer into place while I threw my 4" x 4" x 8' lever down to snap this picture on my new Centro! I'm really excited to get some red dirt into this fine machine! We'll get it wired up tomorrow! More on the Paoli mixer tomorrow!

Good night all.