September 13, 2009

RIP: Dial Up

No pictures tonight(of the pottery frenzy that I whipped up), but I thought it would be fitting to say good bye to my old friend, my squelchy dial up compadre, my 56k modem. Many of you may have never heard one of these before, just as many of you probably never heard of a vacuum tube! But this will hopefully be my last post over the out-moded modem. We'll see if the cable company comes by in the morning as scheduled.

Fingers crossed.

I'm not sure how such a technological shift could mean for the blog. Hmmm, more videos? Hopefully I will be able to read more pottery blogs and respond with more comments than I've been able to of late. Maybe some live cam feeds from the work shop. Only time will tell. But for now, it's the pedal to the metal on the information super highway.

[awkward silence, confused looks]

Oh, nobody says that anymore?

OK...
I ask for your patience!
I'll try to catch up soon.
In the meantime, it is the pedal to the metal (or in my case, the petal) for XXXII, coming up really fast on October 4th!