October 28, 2010

Site Update: Linktopia



I've updated the blog site to help folks navigate through the 1200 or so posts here on S/D. If you look to the right of this column you will find some new items.

Now you can get new posts by myself or from my guest bloggers delivered to your email Inbox! The Feedburner widget is at the top of the right hand column. If you want to read the full post, including images just subscribe by entering your email address. Then Feedburner will send you a confirmation email to complete the setup. I read several Wordpress blogs this way and now Blogger has made it possible for this blog.

Wading through the numerous posts here can be daunting if you're a new reader. Now you can get a jump on the content by referring to the "popular posts" section. Click on links that take you to the most frequently read articles in the past month.

Speaking of numbers, you're not alone! Now you can easily see how S/D posts have been read in the past week with the page views widget! It's a running total of times posts are read whether here, in a blog reader such as Google Reader, in a feedburner email, or on networkedblogs on Facebook.

Do you want to get even more out of Sawdust & Dirt? Now you can get the maximum dirt value, by fast-forwarding through the day to day monotony, and whining, by searching this blog with Lijit. Just go to the Lijit widget on the right and type your key words in the search box and voilá!! Out pops your list of S/D blog posts where your topic of choice appears. If that's not enough you can move your search by clicking on the content, network, and web tabs. I've only used the web tab, myself, which searches the web for your topic. Other Lijit search options include my youtube channel, my disqus comment logs, my linked-in profile, my twitter feed, and my twitpic!

I'm also working on indexing all the posts in an organized librarian kind of way. But that may be a while. In the meantime I hope these updates help those who can take advantage for now.

Well that's it for now. I know that's more than you probably really need to know.
I'd better get on to the next one and get my 12x12 done!

Later