April 13, 2015

It's Monday Somewhere

The clock just ticked into a new week, here at midnight North Carolina.
The family and I are just back from a wonderful week away from home in the sun and sky and ocean of South Carolina. The travelogue would have contained stories of leisurely good times, bike mishaps, bug bites, banged heads, jellyfish, and campground intrigue.
But a logbook wasn't kept, but pictures were taken and we did some live streams via Periscope, a fun way to say hi to the world outside the camp.
So, upon the return of any travel, it's always nice to sleep in one's own bed and appreciate home in a way that may be hard to appreciate in the day to day living in it.
The other contrast to a week of leisure is the work that lies ahead. I strolled through the studio tonight just to make a few mental notes on what it is I want to do this week as I start the road to Firing 52!
It was nice to see what I had been working on before I left a week ago and am excited to get my hands back into the clay again.

Here's a picture I took for Instagram, and later shared on my Facebook page, and thought I should include it here just to round out my audience.
More of this work to come as well as some other exciting things in the weeks to come!






A mashup of 4 recent platters with Mishima/sanggam style deco.
Posted by Michael Kline Pottery on Monday, April 6, 2015