June 26, 2015

New Kiln a Go-Go

indiegogo, new kiln, project, campaign, fundraiser

I've launched an IndieGoGo campaign to fund the construction of a new soda kiln.


Here's what I wrote to introduce the project: As a potter, the kiln is a critical tool, and an enormous investment and commitment. The wood kiln I built in 2002 has served me well, and will still be fired several times a year. I have been working with master kiln builder, William Baker, to design the new propane fired soda kiln. The kiln will be smaller in scale than my wood kiln, and will be less labor intensive to fire. The smaller size will allow for a shorter turnaround as I experiment with surfaces and glazes. The new pots are time and labor intensive to make, so the scale of the kiln is important. I hired William for his design expertise as well as his meticulous attention to detail and skill as a builder. I will work alongside him to build the kiln, and I couldn't be more excited.

  To contribute to the project click here!

Thank you so much!