October 27, 2008

Back to the Punch

A panoramic shot of the pottery compound

(WARNING: THERE MAY BE UNDERSTATEMENTS IN THIS POST THAT THE AUTHOR LOATHES TO ADMIT TO: see italics)

This week I am back to punching out some minor details in the new shop.

The walls have yet to be finished and I've been agonizing myself over wall treatments. I wanted to use pine boards for the walls but just can't afford it. I'm buttoning up the shop , replacing some broken panes in the old doors that Matt Anders gave me. It's starting to get pretty cool at night. Tonight/tomorrow morning is supposed to be in the twenties, so this door I installed yesterday will come in handy. I've been stapling up plastic to keep the cold wind out and that was getting real old. Here's a picture of the new door which you can add to your Sawdust and Dirt scrap book!

My goal is to have the shop trimmed out and ready for the Toe River Arts Council (TRAC) December Studio Tour first weekend of December. Stacey will be showing off and selling her newest jewelry creations and I'll be selling big jars that you can put your 'kraut in (as well as this years seconds: cheap). But that means I need to bust it out for the next little bit so I can hit the ground running in the new year, er, I mean era!