October 4, 2008

Coming Soon: Obamaware

detail of "Obamaware"

Ayumi Horie has organized an auction of pottery to support the campaign of Barack Obama and Joe Biden. It will take place o October 15th, with a preview beginning on Oct. 13th. You can find out about the very special and timely sale here. I did a few designs last night that I will share with you. I don't want to spoil the surprise, so here are some details.

detail of "Obamaware"

obamaware cup


Of course I will be keeping you posted, kind reader, of the events as they unfold, i.e. success or failure of the firing.

Today I will begin to load the kiln after I glaze the last remaining pots. The weather is supposed to be nice and everything is set to go. I hope you're enjoying this Saturday, wherever you may be and I know there are a LOT of you out there. Last month we broke all viewing records with over 8000 page views! In full disclosure here are this years stats so far...