January 11, 2009

Clarification

Jar with birds
about 16" h
(in transit to Wisconsin)
2008

detail of
Jar with birds
(in transit to Wisconsin)
2008

I found this letter from a Mr. Tim Z. in this morning's mail box:
I saw on your blog a mention about exhibiting at Kohler. I live in
Wisconsin & I'm trying to figure out exactly what exhibit your work is
going to be in. Or is it for sale in some gallery in Kohler? When I
looked at the likely spots, I couldn't find your name listed. Thanks,
That's right. I'm not listed. Allow me to explain. It's probably because I just joined the show at the eleventh hour. I had thought that I had already agreed to do the show, but in reality, I had not sent in my response. After the holiday gauntlet was thrown down and all of the eggnog lattes had been gulped, I was ready to ship my pottery but didn't have the address. After doing a little search through my g(ee-whiz) mail I found the forlorn and forgotten email invitation.

This explains why I felt out of the loop and wasn't aware that the show actually has a title, "To Have and To Hold: Ceramic Art Vessels"(with a title like that, there better be a preacher!) Since I'm already a married man, you won't find my name on any of the show promo's, but the pots will be there. Now that this is all cleared up, I hope you will accept my apologies for my dubious comments in yesterday's post and get your bus ticket for Sheboygan Wisconsin right away! The show will open January 18 and if you get on board tomorrow you may get there in time for the closing on April 5th. But why wait?

So if you're like Mr. Tim Z. and live in Wisconsin I hope you will go and see all of the wonderful pottery at the Artspace Gallery at the shops in Woodland, Wisconsin before April 5th!