January 29, 2009

"Skipping School"

Just like a bunch of high school boys skipping school, Tom, Matt and I were out driving all over Madison and Buncombe County while all the other potters were diligently working away in their studios. Instead of drinking cheap beer, doing donuts in gravel parking lots, and getting into trouble we were looking at old pots. Ah, times have changed. It was a perfect day and I thought I would share a few pictures of our travels. I took these pictures with my phone, I apologize for the sub par quality.

Matt and Tom posing in front of some really
awesome pots at an undisclosed auction house

a detail of a rifle stock
with a stem/leaf element

a nice slip trailed flower

a nice slip trailed rabbit
from the same lot

a group of pots
in Tom's dining room
a very nice 2

Tom also took us over to see the location of the old Reems Creek Pottery that was run by George Donkel. We saw the pottery site and the beautiful two story house he lived in. I didn't take any pictures but found this interesting picture courtesy of Google books.

Well that all for now. It's late and it's time for for some much needed rest. After all, I have to go back to work tomorrow!

;-)