January 4, 2009

Who Needs Electricity Anyway?

Well, I'd love some, please. But I won't need any for my treadle wheel!

It was a gorgeous Spring day and as the mercury hit about 60*F this afternoon, I thought it would be a good time to move a wheel into the studio, a gentle reminder of my true calling, perhaps. It was good to see a pottery making machine in place, ready and willing. Just a kick away from it's ultimate fulfilment! Ah, but wait, couldn't I have at least washed it off a little before this picture was taken? I guess not. As Michael's mother-in-law would have said....clean dirt!

If weather holds up, I will get some outside work done. But the forecast is for rain and snow. We'll see, plenty of work to do inside, counters, tables, trim. I also want to build my Shimpo wheel stand and ball opener.