March 27, 2008

Dogbar Pottery Slideshow



Sam Taylor and I met at Penland in 1989 as budding potters at a Michael Simon workshop. We have been the best of friends ever since. I could write a book about Sam but since I need to put another coat of paint on the new shop floor before dark I better not. Maybe later. Anyway Sam's old classmate from Beloit College, 'Charm City' photographer , Howard Korn, has put together a fantastic slide show documenting Sam's firings and the community that convene by the kiln. The firings are like a great big huddle of friends, potters, kids, all coming together to be close to the kiln and to the pots that Sam has made. I hope you get a chance to check it out, it's very good.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link MK. Looks like a magical place and wonderful group of folks.

    ReplyDelete