May 20, 2010

Pack and Ship

These plates are en route (that's French for on route) to the
Artisan Gallery in Northampton MA. for the upcoming show, entitled,
"As the Crow Flies: NC Neighbors"
My neighbor potters are Michael Hunt and Naomi Dalglish!

Here is how I wrapped the platters for safe shipping.

First I wrap with newsprint.
Then I wrap the edge with bubble wrap.


Then the top and bottom are wrapped with bubble.

I like to use stretch wrap for fixing the bubble wrap.
This allows the bubble wrap to be easily reused.
I also think of the stretch wrap as tape without the nasty adhesives,
making it, by a fraction, a bit more "green".

Using a clay box I wrap the platter separately with
cardboard, giving it a little more protection.

A section is cut out to make folding the box less bulky
and hence a little easier to fold over.

The finished wrap job.

This is placed in the box with other pots and surrounded by peanuts.
Sorry I didn't snap a picture of the packing arrangement.

Off to Massachussetts these pots go.
I wish I were going, too!

I'll post more pictures of pots for the collection shipped
to Northampton in the next post!