January 11, 2011

Hole-y




At this point I can't tell if it's the clay, or the tools, or the potter. But it's been a pretty frustrating go of the porcelain experiment today (and tonight). It's always easy to blame the clay, or the wheel when one stews in frustration, and it may be those things and more, but I can guarantee that inexperience is usually the player.

Each pot and session in the studio is another chance to get it right when getting it right is the muse. They can be the reset button that hopes to build on previous success or right the wrongs of failures. We go round and round and hope that the next one will be better than all the others. Hope becomes determination.

For tonight I'll have to accept that it's all part of the craft and the risk of exploring new territory and hope that the road I'm on will get me where I want to go.

We'll see.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone