February 26, 2014

Upworthy


Re-entry to my chilly mountain life after a week in Florida has been the normal treacherous segueway that it usually is. The charmed perspective that travel gives is a direct result of the lack of the routine and the responsibilities one leaves behind. But now that I am back the "chickens have come home to roost."

I'm juggling these chickens and, at the same time, organizing the ideas and awesome experiences from the Florida Heat Surface Conference so that I can present them here. But that will have to wait, maybe another day as life gets in the way. But it's great to be back in the bosom of our little house here on Snow Creek Road.

In the meantime, I thought it would be a good time to plug 2 of my favorite potter bloggers. Check these posts out when you can. I love that Scott and Carter dive deep into the writing and share the many trials and tribulations of pottery making. Their writings make our world a little smaller and help us realize the common threads that connect us as makers.

Scott Cooper's "Dr. Strangethrow, Or: How I learned to stop sitting and love the Brent"

Carter Gillies's "Teaching Fail"