August 31, 2008

On To The Kiln!

As with most every day of this cycle of work, half of what is planned actually gets done, (maybe I should fire my planner?) But I painted and slipped the last pots and will start loading in the a.m. Here are some of the last pots that I decorated, and as usual, they were my faves. The brush was really going. I had a thought tonight that maybe I should just paint, and have someone else make the pots??? Naaaaa... making the pots is just too much fun. But it took all of these pots and several days, just to get warmed up with the brush.


Before I dipped these jugs, I put in a clay stopper, because a couple of these I dipped right side up.


Tiles for a show at the Clay Art Center, in Port Chester, NY. The show is called 6 x 6. It's all tile from different artist, it should be a nice exhibition. I made these to be a little over 7 inches, so that they would shrink to 6 in. I'm just guessing, because I haven't tested this batch of clay. Hopefully they won't be that strict for the show.
All in all it's been an interesting cycle of work. My helper, Mica and I really enjoyed dipping and glazing the pots in the bright sunshine. But for me the highlight of the day was walking the freshly glazed pots just the short distance from the new shop to the kiln, without having to drive them in the truck.

YAAAAHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!