September 21, 2008

Cranking

So I've decided that it was possible to fire again before the next show[October 11&12]! I hope I'm not wrong on this one. Micah Cain is on board again to help and he gives me the confidence that we'll get it done. After dinner I took my stroll to the studio, which I can't tell you how excited I am not to have to turn the key and crank up the old Ford to get there, not to mention looking up at the stars on the way back. As you can see I had some really soft clay and made a few 4 lb. plates. It's a good start. Tomorrow I have a demo scheduled at the Odyssey Clay Center in Asheville, but will get some more pots made in the morning. This is shaping up to be a real doozy with barely a week to make pots and just a few days to paint and glaze. Throw in some wood cutting and travel day and it's going to be interesting. I hope you'll be along for the ride.