November 13, 2008

Artist Potters

15th c. Vietnam
click this pot to see the show of these
Asian Trade ceramics

Someone asked about home made brick and I thought of this website, ArtistPotters.com. Several years ago when I was building my kiln I was told to check out the anagama info on Warren Frederick and Catherine White's web page. Not only did I find the info but a lot more! There are several articles of interest about their pots and historical pots. Many of you may already know about this treasure of a site, but for those who aren't familiar please take some time to read. Catherine also has a blog that you can find here.

For info on the castable refractory recipe, go to the home page and then look at the bottom left of the screen for anagama info link.

It's a rainy muddy day. We need the rain and the peacefulness that a cloudy day brings. More mud and tape for me! Have a good Thursday.