November 24, 2008

Coffee Break vol. #15


The electricians are here putting their finishing touches on the studio and I'm digging a ditch. It's a little overcast and not that cold, thank goodness. But it's mid morning and I'm in need of a break, and just a little bit of joe to keep me shredding on the ditch. I picked this little bit of a cup, or as Hannah would say, this wee cup. This wee cup was made by Bandana Pottery (aka Michael and Naomi) for their wedding back a few years. It's a great cup for wine and a great little cup of joe, as well. Why do we call coffee joe? The incising is so casual and expressive. Michael and Naomi's pots have that wonderful combination of skill and playfulness, just the right touch.
The Toe River Arts Council Holiday Studio Tour is coming right up and it's my deadline to get the studio presentable. I've given up on the idea of having it all done, but at least I will have a cozy place to show Stacey's jewelry and my pots. Here's the list as of today, in no particular order,
  • Finish the painting.
  • Trim out the windows and doors.
  • Paint trim.
  • Install wood stove and chimney with Shane.
  • Truckload of gravel for the muddy entrance.
  • Install track lights.
  • Get rid of VOC odor.
  • Bang up some siding in entrance alcove.
  • Temporary handrail.
  • Paint invites to opening.
  • Hire DJ.
  • Hang disco ball.
  • Have fun in the new studio!
Well, that wasn't enough coffee! I better get back to work, that list made me nervous. Have a great day ya'll.