September 11, 2010

Teapots Aren't Easy









Finally, I was able to throw some tea pots that I liked! After many attempts at a new teapot form I had been wanting to try, I chose to go with a form I was familiar with. How many times have I thought to myself, "oh, that's a nice form, I'll make some!" after seeing a pot in a magazine, (or on a blog) and then falling flat into a pool of "that looks easy, I could do that!" mud.

LOL!

Part of my failure was waiting till the last minute to do something that needs time and a willingness to flub up a few! Two things I just don't have on the last day of wet work!





Here is our 'house' teapot that I was competent enough to make again. Interestingly, it has a short-lived motif, a hand as leaf/flower on a vine, that predates my hand accident of 2005.

Now back to some crockery before supper!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone