February 17, 2009

Power!


I felt a little pushy when I phoned the electric company this morning, but it's been three weeks! About a half hour after I hung up the phone without much satisfaction except that I was on the schedule for today, what did I see tugging up hill to the studio? A big white truck with a cherry picker! Awesome. They say the squeeky wheel gets the grease....I don't know, I can only speculate on the energy flow and positive thinking about what it might feel like to use the switches on the walls!

So far, everything works! It's a very exciting day. I thought I was dreaming. But after the linemen let me hold onto a bare wire they had crammed into one of the sockets I believed that it was the real thing! [I'm kidding] And now I look at the meter and realize that it's actually on and I am indebted to the company in more ways than one.

I promptly plugged the stereo into the wall, made a sacrifice to Ben Franklin, and cranked up the the Tom Petty to 11.