February 26, 2011

All Strepped Out

Where have I been? Where am I?

The infirmary, is where!

Luckily there's wifi and a Mac. I've been cooped up with strep throat. My advice, don't get it. Anti-biotics don't do a whole lot, there's only so much jello you can eat, throat coat tea isn't really up to the task, but here I am, somewhat coherent after a very groggy day and a half.

I wanted to wrap up the process of making the big jar that I actually finished the other day. Here are a few pictures of the process. One of the most important parts of this coil and throw technique is rolling out the big coil evenly and consistently the right thickness. And of course there aren't any pictures for you. I'll have to make a pinky promise that I'll record that for you when I work on my next one (hopefully Monday). Of course there's a few details that aren't recorded here, it's impossible to get everything in here. It's just a blog, after all!

I guess we could get the you-tube bunch over here and powder my nose for some HD instructional video. But we'll have to wait and see.

smoothing the coil onto the section below.

smoothing the inside connection


i should've stopped here!


but i didn't.

now it's on to the next one.