June 24, 2008

Loading the Wood Kiln Today




This is the last time that I will schlep the pots across the Yancey County line to load into the wood kiln. WoooHoooo! For those who haven't been here, my kiln , located next to the new studio, is about 15 minutes from the current studio. Each firing requires wrapping glazed pots at the old studio and trucking them to the kiln, then unwrapping said potteries and loading them into the kiln. After the firing the pottery is wrapped back up and taken back to the studio and unwrapped to be put either in the showroom, or packed back up and shipped somewhere. Now with the new studio sitting about 20 feet from the kiln, I imagine I will have about ten days on my hands each year. Another WooooHooo. Of course, with a bit of procrastination and butterfly chasing that will soon be frittered away. Oh, well...