June 11, 2008

Power Outage and Links

The power has been out at the house since last night, so I am reporting from the Spruce Pine Public Library, cozy and air conditioned! Shawn Ireland sends this link of a pottery history web site called "Web Tutorials for Potters". It is the web site of Victor Bryant and he has assembled many pages of pottery history and images throughout the history of pottery making. Check it out here.

Also I have a page at the Wood Fired Ceramics web site. It is an international register of wood firing potters. Look at my page and others here.



It's the last wet day in the shop so I better get to making those cups and bowls. I still want to make a couple of teapots and round out the making list with some flasks a la Peter Karner. More on Peter's flask later.



Later...