June 25, 2008

Ouch!

Just a quick shout out to all of you who have left comments, compliments, and such. I appreciate it.

I'm off for my disco nap and will get the burn started after midnight. The kiln is almost ready, just have to rake out the ashes from XXVI and clean up the site from today's horrendous events. The door bricks are in horrible shape and I replaced about 20 brick that had broken into too many parts to keep together. Enough is enough. Well after I bricked up the door, I moved to repair grate bars and some general maintenance. I accidentally found a hornets nest in a concrete block and was lucky to get away with one sting on the chin before I bolted away saying things my kids shouldn't hear me say. I took it easy the rest of the afternoon.

So, it's off to bed I go and will check in tomorrow afternoon with a kiln-side report. Weather should be nice enough. Here is a picture of some of the pots stacked in the kiln.